A charitable bequest to UTHealth can be as simple as a sentence or two in your will or living trust agreement.
Sample language: "I give, devise, and bequeath to the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System for the use and benefit of The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston (federal tax ID no. 30-0710145):
- (Cash Bequest) the sum of ________ dollars ($_______).
- (Percentage of Estate) ______percent (____%) of my estate.
- (Residuary Bequest) the remainder of my estate.
- (Stock/Personal Property) _______ shares of stock of _______________ Corporation.
This gift shall be for the further benefit of the ____________ [college, school, unit] and shall be used:
- In accordance with the terms of the most recent written directive I have signed with UTHealth, or, if none exists,
- For the following purpose: _________(scholarships, Professorship, Research etc..)
- As directed by the (e.g. President, Provost, Dean of the Schools of_______) at UTHealth.
If this gift is for the creation of an endowment, then the terms of the endowment should be set forth in a separate letter of instructions and preferably with a UTHealth endowed fund agreement. This bequest requires the University of Texas System to hold the funds permanently and use only the investment income they generate. (Min. $25,000)
If you wish to restrict your bequest to a specific program or function, please contact the Office of Estate and Gift Planning to determine wording that will ensure its use according to your intentions.